Cloud network engineer
You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx is searching for a Cloud Network Engineer. This role can be fully remote, or alternatively work out of either our offices in Irvine, California or Broomfield, Colorado.
Position Overview :
As a Cloud Network Engineer, you will be assisting the Network Team Lead with the cloud networking technical design, planning, implementation, change management, and recovery procedures for our hybrid cloud environment.
The candidate will identify solutions and provide project assistance to provide a high level of service to the customers of the department.
Primary Responsibilities :
- Zealously promotes our 'Customer Centric' approach : 'working to be a part of our customer's solutions.'
- Assist in upskilling fellow Network Administrators
- Assist with Network research, planning and implementation of new Network infrastructure and support ongoing projects
- Support 24x7 operations environment (ability to support off-hours, weekends, and holidays as needed)
- Identify opportunities for automation, and assist with the development of automation systems to address those opportunities
- Develop and implement new networking services using Infrastructure as Code
- Create and maintain detailed system documentation
- Utilize ticket tracking system to document all support incidents
- Work using agile methodologies and participate in agile ceremonies
- Assist with system monitoring, reviewing logs, and verifying completion of scheduled tasks
- Coordinate with service providers, vendors and teams to ensure resolution of network related issues
- Demonstrated Customer Service & Troubleshooting skillsets
- The ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and remain calm under pressure
- 3+ years AWS, GCP, or Azure networking experience
- Experience supporting cloud development pipelines using Git, CI / CD tooling, Terraform and other Infrastructure as Code tooling as appropriate
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools including AWS and Azure CLI, or Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Python, PowerShell and Bash scripting
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery models
- 6+ Years of Enterprise Networking experience including :
- Network engineering / architecture with a strong background designing cloud solutions
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles and general management best practices
- Advanced knowledge of network protocols, technologies, and standards including;
- OSI Model, Software Defined Networking,
- TCP / IP, DHCP, DNS, HTTP / S, SSL / TLS, FTP, SNMP, AAA / Radius, VoIP,
- VLANs, Spanning-Tree, BGP, OSPF,
- Arista VXLAN and MLAG configuration
- Experience with Arista Wireless technologies including ClearPass Policy Manager
- Working knowledge of network monitoring and performance tools such as Wireshark
- Able to occasionally travel (up to 10%)
Valued Skills :
- Scripting Languages;
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- One or more certifications related to AWS, Azure, GCP
- Current industry certifications such as CCNP, Arista ALE or APE, PCNSE
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Broomfield, Colorado is $101,700 - $172,900.
This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled.
Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Interested? Learn more and apply today at alteryx.com / careers!
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers.
If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks :
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.
Last updated : 2022-09-13