Regional Director of Sales
Do you want 20% incentive bonuses?
Do you want to join a dynamic company that provides training and growth opportunities!?
The search is over! Apply to join our team today! We are hiring immediately, and you can have instant access to earned wages right away through our financial wellness platform. Enjoy discounted hotel stays worldwide!
We offer bonus potential for performance. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to gain experience and grow in hospitality.
With Midwest family values and a high-performance mindset, Hawkeye Hotels offers our employees an engaging and fulfilling workplace focused on excellence and growth. Our team comes from different backgrounds but are here for a common mission. If you share our passion for delivering exceptional experiences to our guests, and are eager to grow personally and professionally, apply to join our team!
Founded in 1982 with one roadside hotel in Mena, Arkansas, Hawkeye Hotels has become one of the fastest- growing family-owned hospitality companies in the U.S. We maintain lasting affiliations with leading brands, including Marriott, Hilton, and InterContinental. Because we move quickly and decisively, we maintain a consistent record of fast-paced development. This growth allows our associates to quickly gain valuable experience and develop as professionals. At every level of the business, our associates share a leadership mindset and embrace ownership over their unique responsibilities.
What can you add to this dynamic team? We hope to hear from you today.
Hawkeye Hotels is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Regional Director of Sales for the Minneapolis region. Brands include Hilton, Marriott, IHG, and a Choice Hotel.
The main responsibilities of this position include: The RDOS role will provide strategic sales, marketing, and revenue direction to the assigned region of hotels for the purpose of achieving room and catering profits for Hawkeye Hotels. This individual will work with other corporate team members to maximize revenue and maintain strong interpersonal relationships.
Primary job duties include but are not limited to:
- Coach mentor, cultivate, and motivate a team of sales leaders to effectively optimize profit.
- Provides guidance and direction to the Directors of Sales to maximize hotel sales revenue - rooms, banquet & catering.
- Evaluate the sales state of the market and review the strengths and opportunities. Recognize key revenue opportunities and work with the hotel leadership team to increase performance.
- Develop and implement targeted sales strategies designed to attack specific market segments, key accounts or identified need time periods to achieve budget and RGI growth.
- Evaluate and track hotel revenue performance of the sales leaders and hotels within the assigned region of hotels, as compared to budget and hotel brand. Utilize STR, Hotel SalesPro/Sales and Events, Hotelligence, Knowland Group, e-Commerce reports etc.
- Solidify relationships with c level decision makers for assigned intermediary accounts for the portfolio, with revenues > $500K each in total (corporate, travel agencies, airline, government, SMERF segments).
- Become the brand sales expert for the company portfolio, adhering to and being knowledgeable of brand programs, resources, tools and initiatives.
- Connect with and build relationship with franchise sales partners.
- Assist in determining ROI of sponsorships, marketing programs, trade shows and industry events.
- Serve as first point of contact for above property sales support to hotels in the region.
- Create, review and approve quarterly sales and marketing action plans.
- Participate in reviewing and approving annual hotel business plans including revenue and expense budgets.
- Act as interim Director of Sales for any hotel in the company as directed by the VP of Sales.
- Provide training assistance to hotel sales leaders and GMs to develop, coach and provided continuous training.
- Create and implement new sales initiatives to recognize and increase performance.
- Travel to assigned properties in the region conducting property visits and training, with written documentation of visits with attention to follow up.
- Provide leadership to their assigned region projecting a professional and ethical image in all aspects of work performance and conduct.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, and counseling/coaching assigned property management.
- Work with Property General Managers to ensure ongoing training and development for a positive and proactive approach towards all the property’s guests.
- Ensure human resources practices are observed in accordance with company policies and legislation while seeking advice from and keeping Hawkeye Hotel upper management informed on any potential legal issues or concerns.
- Carry out other duties as necessary to achieve the successful management of the property and assist other members of leadership or other Hawkeye Hotels management personnel.
The right candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Education and/or Experience
- Qualification in hotel sales or related hospitality industry desired.
- 3 years Hotel Sales Experience.
- Hilton and IHG experience preferred.
- Management or senior supervisory experience in hotels or experience in the industry with transferable skills.
- Proven ability to sell.
- Communication Skills
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language, write concise reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar; speak with poise, voice control and confidence using correct English and pleasant voice tone.
- Must be able to conduct and manage meetings, as well as speak to large groups as needed.
- Ability to communicate with staff members who speak/write limited English.
- Must have an outgoing, sales minded personality with the ability to close.
- Accounting Skills
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- What are your salary expectations?
- Hotel Sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- Hotel: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote
Similar jobs near me
- Operations Consultant: The Key to Sustainable Growth in Today's Business World
- Responsibilities of a Business Operations Specialist
- Business Operations Specialists: Understanding Who Are They
- Obligatory Steps to Become a Business Operations Specialist
- Does a Business Operations Specialist Make Much Money?