REMOTE (Work from home) Collections Specialist
\*\*\* This is a remote-work opportunity. This position is available to PA, OH, NC & FL state permanent residents only.\*\*\*
CardWorks is a family oriented company that strives for excellence. If you are looking for a company that challenges you and allows you to use your skills to create a better experience for others, then CardWorks is the place for you!
Why CardWorks Servicing?
For over 30 years, our Guiding Principles, such as doing the right thing, putting the customer first, and Earn, Learn, and Have Fun (E.L.F), have helped shape our world class organization into an Employer of Choice. We value our employees and provide benefits to include:
- Company subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid time off
- 401K retirement plans
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
Our Critical Values makes our work environment highly desirable. Our Critical Values include Commitment, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, Innovation, Communication, Accountability, and Learning. We allow these values to guide the way we conduct ourselves and our business.
What will you do as a Collections Specialist for CardWorks?
You will contact account holders to request payments while providing information and counseling about obligations and benefits of bringing accounts current. You will use your customer service, communication, and influencing skills to determine why a payment is late and how to resolve the situation.
What you will need to be successful at CardWorks:
CardWorks employee success derives from the employee’s effective listening, communication, and strong customer service expertise. Collections Specialists with CardWorks strive for excellence by engaging and solving problems, as well as providing analytical skills on a daily basis.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- 1-year minimum of customer service or call center/collections experience preferred
- Available to work between the hours of 8am – 11pm
- Schedules typically require 1 weekend day, and shifts are typically 8 hours
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Work From Home Requirements:
- Because your employment experience will be remote, the Company requires that you maintain the following additional items, as a condition of employment.
- You must reside in the state where the job is posted: Pennsylvania, USA/ Ohio, USA/ Florida, USA or North Carolina, USA.
- Dedicated work space that minimizes noise and outside disruption, and protects confidential and secure information
- Smart phone mobile device with minimum operating systems: Android 5 or IOS 9
- High Speed Wired Internet: Download speed of 30 MBPS and Upload speed of 5-10 MBPS minimum
- Landline telephone service that can be used to receive work calls, and has call waiting, three way calling, and call forwarding features deactivated
If this position is based in our Woodbury, Long Island office or Virtual, please note that ALL the work for this position must be performed outside of the five Boroughs of New York City.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We will conduct a thorough background check for all hires in compliance with applicable law which includes (but may not be limited to) a review of factors including the applicant’s personal credit history, drug testing, and employment/personal references.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: Remote