Senior High Performance Computing Software Engineer (Hybrid)
Zendar was founded in the San Francisco Bay area, at the very heart of one of the most advanced regions in the development of autonomous vehicles technologies. We also opened an office in South Germany to capitalize on the decades of experience in the automotive radar industry of the area, and are setting up a new office in Paris.
Zendar has a diverse and dynamic team of electrical, mechanical, RF, algorithms and software engineers with deep background in sensing technology. Zendar is backed by Tier-1 VCs, has raised more than $25M in funding and has established strong partnerships with industry leaders. Our team has more than doubled in number over the last year as our technology has gained traction in the automotive and agriculture industries.
Who You Are:
In this role, you will be responsible for building and fine tuning our software platform components that our algorithms run on. In this role, you will interact closely with the algorithms and applications teams to define the Software interface between platform Software and the rest of the stack. You will also be responsible for working closely with other engineering teams to analyze the performance of the Software stack and to improve all areas of the codebase.
What We Look For:
- 3+ years of experience with modern C++ (we use C++ 14)
- Experience with CUDA/OpenCL, including optimizing algorithms that run on CUDA/OpenCL in professional environment, pushing optimization through to production and delivery
- Experience developing for embedded Linux or POSIX systems
- Experience analyzing the performance of CPU and GPU algorithms
- Familiarity with professional software development tools, such as source control (git), unit testing, and profiling
- Strong communication and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Experience with developing mission critical software (e.g. aviation or autonomous vehicles)
- Experience developing software that runs on an RTOS
- Experience with radar, lidar, cameras, GPS/IMU, or other automotive sensors
- Experience mentoring team members on software development and best practices
What We Have To Offer:
- Opportunity to make an impact at a young, venture-backed company in an emerging market
- Competitive salary ranging from $130-180k annually depending on experience, benefits and equity
- Performance based Bonus
- Benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, unlimited PTO, and equity
- Hybrid work model: in office 3 days per week, the rest… work from wherever!
- Daily catered lunch and a stocked fridge (when working out of the Berkeley, CA office)
Zendar is committed to creating a diverse environment where talented people come to do their best work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Zendar participates in E-Verify.
Similar jobs near me
- Operations Consultant: The Key to Sustainable Growth in Today's Business World
- Responsibilities of a Business Operations Specialist
- Business Operations Specialists: Understanding Who Are They
- Obligatory Steps to Become a Business Operations Specialist
- Does a Business Operations Specialist Make Much Money?