Director, IS Contact Center Solutions and Telecom - Remote
As a part of the Tenet and Common Spirit family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!
This Director of Conifer IS Operations position has responsibility into the Conifer Enterprise Architecture, Application Development, Technology Strategy, Information Security and overall daily operations of the Conifer Information Systems environment. This position includes alignment with Tenet Information Systems as well as other client IS Senior Directors and executive level leaders. The Director of IS Operations will work directly with the Conifer IS leadership team to establish ensure delivery for Contact Center technologies, Corporate Solutions, Information Security, Integration Services and Infrastructure-based technologies. He/She will also be responsible providing pre-sales support, including leading sales presentations where technical expertise is required and performing IT assessments of client environments and potential technology solutions for use in the Conifer enterprise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Operations: Ensure successful daily operations of the Conifer IS production environment through strategic guidance and leadership over the Conifer IS Operations Teams for Infrastructure, Network Communications, and Application Management
- Systems: Design, Plan, Architect, and manage infrastructure and application systems implementations and upgrades based on the overall IS strategic plan.
FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (Specify Revenue/Budget/Expense): $2 - 3 Million
This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- No. Direct Reports (incl. titles) 1 - 2, IS Manager
- No. Indirect Reports (incl. titles) 1 - 10+ (Dell)
Qualifications - External
Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment activity. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Diverse, multi discipline experience leading IT teams in different areas (eg networks, messaging, desktop management, storage, application support etc.) with proven track record of managing operations including management of SLAs, developing strategies, etc.
- Desired experience with IP Telephony
- Desired experience with IP Contact Center technology preferably Cisco, including Dialer, ACD, Call Recording and Wall board experience.
- NICE/InContact experience required with a slant towards Scripting and integration, Verint experience helpful.
- Requires healthcare information technology leadership, including enterprise architecture, application development, and system integration experience
- Ability to successfully oversee numerous projects and applications simultaneously with little oversight or direction.
- Must possess experience with vendor management, budget management, team building and leadership, application support, project/program management and knowledge of healthcare revenue cycle technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required in addition to the ability to effectively develop and deliver presentations to leadership.
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience required to perform the job.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or equivalent is also required.
- Requires a minimum of 8 years' experience in the IT industry, preferably in healthcare