WE RECOGNIZE THE NEED FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE! PAID CHRISTMAS BREAK, PAID SPRING BREAK, PAID THANKSGIVING BREAK, SEVERAL OTHER PAID HOLIDAYS AND SUMMERS OFF! FREE MEALS! PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES!
Are you passionate about children and families? Do you want to help Yellowstone and Carbon county children get the very best start in life? Are you caring, nurturing, and passionate about making an impact on young lives? As a professional individual, Teaching Assistants work closely with Teachers to provide and maintain a positive and appropriate educational program that meets the guidelines and performance standards of Head Start Inc. The focus of the program is to provide comprehensive services for young children and their families to achieve school readiness and lifelong success.
Head Start Inc. is proud to offer their employees a generous comprehensive benefit package and is committed to the well-being of its employees. Benefits include: Medical coverage, dental plans, and vision care as well as life insurance, flexible spending accounts, professional development opportunities, and gifted Paid Time Off.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High School Diploma or Equivalent. Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, Montana Early Childhood Apprenticeship Program, or Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education is required within 2 years of hire (on the job training is typically provided). Two years of child care experience in a licensed facility is preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist teachers with preparation of classroom curriculum before and after class.
- Assist staff in carrying out the daily schedules for children by referring to the classroom lesson plan.
- Assist in preparing the environment before and after mealtime. Sit with children and have meals and snacks, adhering to the Head Startnutrition philosophy.
- Assist teachers in promoting safe and healthy practices for children.
- Assist teachers in guidance and discipline.
- Assist teachers in regular collection and recording of assessment data.
- Engage parents and families and form mutually supportive relationships with them.
- Encourage children through positive examples and communication.
- Actively listen to children and converse with them using appropriate and encouraging language.
- Promote children s self-esteem by showing empathy and respect.
- Promote children s social interaction by modeling and encouraging appropriate activities.
� Must maintain self-control and manage difficult or emotional situations with tact and professionalism.
� Must communicate clearly, both orally and in written format.
� Must be organized to ensure timely and accurate documentation of required records and reports.
� Must demonstrate respect and sensitivity at all times for cultural, racial, and economic differences.
� Must treat others with respect and consideration to foster a teamwork environment.
� Must be able to use computer technology and understand its application to organizational and/or departmental function.
Similar principal jobs in billings mt
- principal jobs jobs near me
- teaching assistant jobs near me
- Senior Principal, Technical Project Management at TTEC
- ELEMENTARY K-8 TEACHERS at Billings Public Schools
- Advertising Principal at Advisor Group
- Para Educator at Elysian School District
- INSTRUCTIONAL PARAPROFESSIONAL at Montana State Job Bank
- Principal Biostatistician at Cytel Software Corporation
- Educational Consultant at TrulyHired