Senior Clinical Administrative Coordinator
If you are located within Las Vegas, NV, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
Let's face it, no industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to move health care forward than UnitedHealth Group. We're out to use data, technology and people in ways that help drive change and make the health care system work better for everyone. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive. Take this opportunity to work with a Fortune 10 industry leader.
This position is Full time (40 hours/week) Tuesday to Saturday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our business hours of 08:00am - 05:00pm PST on Tuesday to Friday, 06:30am - 02:30pm PST on Saturday. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at 2716 N TENAYA WAY, LAS VEGAS, 89128.
.All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for other team members and also acts as a working Senior CAC (Clinical Administrative Coordinator)
- Manage and handle calls from hospitals or internal teams in a call center setting
- Assist and implement training for new employees and will act as a mentor
- Works daily/weekly/monthly reports as requested by management team
- Manage the intake of members or the admission/discharge information post notification
- Work with hospitals and the clinical team to manage requests for services
- Manage prior authorizations, including notification and census roles
- Resolve inquiries from internal teams and/or providers
- Will handle other responsibilities as assigned by leadership.
Part of the challenge here is dealing positively with members and providers in sometimes challenging circumstances. As a subject matter expert, you'll also be the go-to resource for information. The flexibility to work evening hours will also be required.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 3+ years of experience in a healthcare facility, medical office, hospital or managed care setting
- Experience in Medical terminology, CPT, and ICD-10 coding
- Ability to train onsite for approximately 3 months
- Ability to work a Tuesday to Saturday schedule (Tuesday to Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, Saturdays 6:30am - 2:30pm) and some holidays
- Reside within Las Vegas, NV
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed Internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed Internet service
- Experience working with health care insurance
- Experience working with medical terminology
- Experience managing the responsibilities and success of a team
- Demonstrates knowledge of insurance products, and related laws and regulations applicable to the operating unit
- Clerical or administrative support background or experience working in a call center environment
- Experience working with Medicare and/or Medicaid Services
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of healthcare. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.SM
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $20.00 - $35.53. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.