At AGCO, we believe that when our employees succeed, our business succeeds. It s a people philosophy that we believe and invest in. We make sure all of our employees in every function, every geography and at every level have the tools they need to be successful and take charge of their career. Because when our people grow, our business grows. Every day. Every way.
AGCO has an exciting opportunity for Developer/Programmers in Champaign, Illinois. As a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural solutions; AGCO delivers effective, high-tech solutions for those working to feed the world s population, from planting to storage and everything in between.
Grow with Us
Our Engineering teams ensure AGCO's core brands lead the industry in every way, whether that's through functionality enhancements, new product development or aggressively pursuing precision agriculture solutions. AGCO engineers develop high-tech solutions for professional farmers feeding the world.
- Work closely with the development team and remote hardware development and support staff to create new desktop, mobile, and serverless apps as needed
- Work with remote hardware development and support staff to create, maintain and troubleshoot program logic in existing and future cloud-based data analytics products
- Create and perform unit and integration code testing, and participate in team code reviews to identify and handle bugs from anywhere in the system, and design feature expansions on hardware based products
- Help plan and implement technology migrations by documenting and modeling new, as well as existing, systems and functionality
- Offer technical support to the internal sales and technical support staff for internal functions, customer facing APIs, cloud base data streams, and Internet-enabled applications
- Develop data stream test routines that help the application development team know the effects of certain system changes on the entire data platform
Employers typically look for Computer Programmers with previous experience in the field. For entry-level positions, it s helpful for the candidate to have internship or volunteer experience. For more advanced positions, general business experience where leadership tasks were taken are good. Anywhere from one to five years of direct computer programming experience is also a nice addition to have as a candidate for a computer programmer position.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or related fields where these skills are studied in depth
- 3 or more years of significant experience in web backend and front-end development, backend and frontend
- Significant experience building AWS cloud serverless feature applications
- Comprehension of algebra statistical concepts to apply to data and to generate reports
- Attention to detail, analytical skills, organization, and prioritization when working under pressure to meet deadlines and manage workload while creating computer code
- Experience in Typescript, Node.js, Python, pub/sub systems (SNS, SQS, Redis ), and data streams
- Knowledge of data storage systems, both relational and non-relational object storage
Specific Skill Set Required:
Minimal travel is anticipated for this position.
AGCO offers competitive benefits including options and choices that fit your life including: medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance, long and short term disability, a 401k match, employee assistance program, and discounted home and auto insurance.
A World of Opportunities
Our AGCO family lives in many places around the world with manufacturing, sales and administrative sites spanning the globe: from Finland to China, the US to Germany, France to Brazil. We are a team of more than 20,000 employees in over 35 countries. As a company, we benefit from the perspective, experience and ideas that come from our naturally diverse team. Our strong, modern brands, such as Challenger, Fendt, GSI, Massey Ferguson and Valtra, meet a wide variety of farmer needs and are well-known around the world.
Join us as we bring agriculture into the future. Experience our global diversity and enterprising spirit to help us create innovative technologies and a positive impact that helps feed the world s nearly 8 billion people!
AGCO Grain & Protein is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.
Nearest Major Market: Champaign
Nearest Secondary Market: Urbana