Regional Director - Tennessee (part time)
Does the thought of preparing kids to solve the world’s greatest problems excite and empower you? Do you want to apply your creative and innovative ideas in creation of robot games? Do you want to be with an organization where your knowledge and skills will help increase school engagement and student success, and extend our global reach? Do you want to be on a team that crafts opportunities and provides life changing experiences for students?
These opportunities are as strong and dynamic as ever, as FIRST® creates the people who will change the world – today and tomorrow!
What We Offer
We promise a fast-paced, exciting, and rewarding environment where you will be part of a team that cares about each other and thrives on each other’s successes. You’ll feel good about the future of the world after doing hard work with the talented people at FIRST® and will have a front row seat to our life changing programs.
Our benefits package includes:
- Flexible Work Schedule
- 14 paid holidays per calendar year (one is a floating holiday)
- Paid July 4th Week Holiday Closure
- One paid volunteer day per anniversary year
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Who You Are
You are excited to support the growth of all FIRST programs in the Tennessee region/ territory! Working locally and from your home office, you will build and maintain a passionate, volunteer driven, self-sustaining group of leaders who focus on engaging schools, encouraging local relationships, and fundraising as we grow FIRST Robotics Competition.
What You Will Do
With Gracious Professionalism® and serving as the primary FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) Regional Competition(s) representative and champion, you will develop teams, establish, and maintain sponsor relationships, and collaborate with FIRST leaders, volunteers, and program staff. Additionally, you will:
- Engage with local businesses, schools, community leaders, and policy makers to increase FIRST mission awareness
- Collaborate with local FIRST Ecosystem leaders and champions to support strategic direction, sustainability, and FIRST program(s) growth
- Cultivate new sponsors, champion existing sponsors, fund raise, and write grant proposals to offset program delivery expenses
- Develop, lead, recruit, support, and sustain volunteer Regional Planning Committee members ensuring all committees, volunteer staff, and competitions follow FIRST standards and guidelines
- Facilitate regional communication across FIRST LEGO® League, FIRST Tech Challenge partners, and FIRST Senior Mentor(s)
- Own the effort to retain, recruit, and connect with FRC teams to meet target growth numbers and for ongoing support to achieve sustainability.
- Nurture relationships with local chapters of professional organizations, such as ASME, IEEE, SWE, to build alliances and initiate advocacy efforts
- Monthly reporting and meeting participation as the need arises by Global Field Operations and FIRST Policies
What We Expect
We are seeking candidates with the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- BA/BS degree in a related field with minimum 5 years directly related experience
- Proven fundraising experience or comparable relationship management role
- Exceptional collaboration skills
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills
- Demonstrated budget management and financial reporting skills
- Ability and willingness for regular travel
- FIRST experience/knowledge strongly preferred
- Previous event management experience a plus
FIRST Commitment to Safety
Protecting our community from COVID-19 continues to be a priority. Based on the recommendations of scientists, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and OSHA health officials, vaccination provides the best protection against severe infection. COVID-19 vaccines are required as a condition of employment with FIRST.
For health & safety reasons at FIRST, current and future employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination or to obtain approval by FIRST for a sincerely held religious or spiritual belief or medical accommodation, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Commitment to FIRST® Core Values
Discovery: We explore new skills and ideas.
Innovation: We use creativity and persistence to solve problems.
Impact: We apply what we learn to improve our world.
Inclusion: We respect each other and embrace our differences.
Teamwork: We are stronger when we work together.
Fun: We enjoy and celebrate what we do!
Thriving on our core values, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.