Law Clerk-Summer Intern (Remote option)
American National Insurance Company Remote
intern remote legal insurance legal research research financial collaboration communication job posting young professionals corporate intern
February 22, 2023
American National Insurance Company
American National Insurance Company was founded in 1905. Headquartered in Galveston, Texas, with several locations in the United States, which include League City-Texas, Springfield-Missouri, and Albany-New York. Our Internship Program was designed to provide young professionals with corporate experience that is not offered in the classroom. In addition to supporting their respective departments, each intern will have the opportunity to attend professional development sessions, volunteer within the community and attend company sponsored social events. With focus on our organization’s values and cultural richness: Financial Strength, Integrity, Respect, Service and Teamwork (FIRST) and Agility, Collaboration, and Engagement (ACE) we continue to pursue our vision to be a leading provider of financial products and services for current and future generations. We support a comfortable, diverse, and inclusive work environment, following a casual dress code and focus on healthy work-life balance.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited institution
- Entering second or third year of law school in Fall 2023.
- Law review participation preferred but not required
- Strong legal research and communication skills
- Ideal candidate would possess a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be able to commit 37.5 hours per week Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm
- Ability to work remotely or hybrid from our Galveston, TX office
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organization skills & attention to detail w/ high level accuracy.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support in-house attorneys with legal research and responses to inquiries from other business units in a timely manner.
- Assist in monitoring and reporting on state legislative and regulatory activity related to insurance.
- Attending innovation project meetings and learning about and contributing to company initiatives.
Skills you can expect to improve and/or developed:
- Legal research and writing
- Understanding of insurance business
- Communicating complex legal issues in a clear and concise manner
- Time management
- Professional communication
Salary for this position can range from $20/hr for candidates who are minimally qualified through $25/hr for more highly qualified candidates. Candidates outside of the range are encouraged to apply, and will be considered based on experience, skill and education.
Report this job