Sports Management Intern
Skyhawks Sports Academy - PENINSULA SOUTH, CA/SOUTH BAY
SPORTS MANAGEMENT INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Are you interested in pursuing a career in business, marketing, human resources, coaching, teaching/education, childcare, or management/leadership? If so, this internship program is a must add to your academic calendar.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY: WE ARE ONLY LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO ARE LOCATED IN THE BAY AREA, CALIFORNIA IN THE SUMMER 2022. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States . We are only interviewing local candidates.
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Skyhawks is a national youth sport camp company committed to teaching children ages 4-14 life skills through sports with a focus on safety, improving sport skills and most importantly having FUN! We offer many different sport options and have been implementing sports programs nationally since 1979.
INTERNSHIP DESCRIPTION: Interns work alongside Skyhawks management group in south bay/peninsula to gain valuable hands-on experience in operating a youth sports business. Skyhawks Sports Management Internship Program is a great way for students to acquire school credits, boost their resume, gain hands-on management experience, network with industry professionals, and gain a competitive edge for their career. Daily tasks include:
- Coaching – Teach young athletes (ages 4-14) the rules, techniques and strategies of various sports such as Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Volleyball. Coaching young athletes is a big part of this internship.
- Sports Management – Proposals, Facilities, Curriculum, Scheduling, Rosters, Equipment & Inventory, etc.
- Marketing - Public Events, Media & Print, Online & Social Media, Promotional Products, etc.
- Human Resources – Recruiting, Interviews, Hiring, Training, Staffing, Evaluations, Legal, etc.
- Sales – Market Analysis, Sales Proposals, Partner Prospecting, Business Development, etc.
INTERNSHIP REQUIREMENTS: Must be at least 18 years with a High-School Diploma and enrolled in College. Must be able to pass a national background check, TB Test, and receive First Aid/CPR Certification. Must have regular access to a computer. Must have driver’s license and reliable transportation (own car). Most importantly, applicants must be able to relate well to kids (ages 4-14), share their knowledge and passion for sports, and bring a high-energy “can do” attitude to camp EVERYDAY!
INTERNSHIP BENEFITS: Interns are paid for all coaching hours. Workshop seminars, and at-home academic work/development is unpaid. We can customize our internship breakdown to meet the needs of a particular class, department or institute. Interns who pass the program get a signed Letter of Recommendation and can put Skyhawks South Bay General Manager as a professional reference. Positions are available for interns who complete the 2022 Internship Program. We love to promote from within!
HOW TO APPLY: E-mail resume and cover letter.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: From $19.00 per hour
Our modified curriculum follows CDC, state and county health/social distancing requirements. All staff and customers are required to wear masks. Equipment and common surfaces are sanitized. Hand sanitizers are provided. Temperature screenings are done.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sunnyvale, CA 94086: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Sports coaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location