IT Service Desk Intern
Founded in 1995, Lloyd is an IT consulting and services firm focused on client strategy, relationships, and responsiveness. Our commitment to our clients is to humanize their technology experience, to free them to build their businesses by taking the headaches out of technology. Our commitment to our Lloydians is to ensure that they succeed professionally and personally, which includes a balanced work and personal life.
Why Work for Lloyd
Lloyd was founded to create opportunities for our community to learn, earn, and live better. We strive to provide exceptional experiences for our clients by focusing on our Lloydians first. Through education, teamwork, and a fun work environment, our benefits are designed to promote a happier, healthier life balance.
We value our employees and have many programs in place to hear their feedback. Some stats include:
- 4.4 out of 5 stars on Glassdoor!
- Lloydian Net Promoter Score of 49, from a scale of -100 to 100 (this is updated quarterly from our Lloydian pulse survey; a Technology Firm benchmark is 28)
- Our Average Manager Tenure is over 8 years at Lloyd!
- Our Average Lloydian Tenure is over 4 years at Lloyd!
About the Role
The Service Desk Internship is a unique position, with the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of our Service Delivery team, while being a helpful resource for our Lab and Service Desk Engineers.
Supported by our Service Desk Coordinator, our Service Desk Interns are eager to learn and roll up their sleeves! They’ll be called on to join our phone queue to help our clients receive the exceptional service they are looking for, help in imaging machines, and coordinate shipment of client equipment. This is a great foundational role for someone looking to grow their career in the IT industry.
The intern’s daily responsibilities will be assigned by the Service Desk Coordinator (SDC), and may include the following:
Service Desk Support
Support may include but is not limited to:
Complete onsite support when short staffed or our client experience teams require assistance.
Assist the service desk in the phone queue by answering calls and troubleshooting level 1 support tickets when required.
Keep client contact informed of progress and set appropriate expectations.
Ensure that all work performed is documented in ConnectWise, and completed in a timely, accurate and detailed manner.
Troubleshooting LloydNYC office related service requests and assist with vendor coordination.
Participate in internal service desk related projects as assigned by SDC.
Provide daily updates on tickets to corresponding Team Lead and SDC.
Lab Service Request Management
Assist with PC builds and rebuilds as per Lloyd standards as needed.
Ensure all equipment worked on is properly backed up prior to any work being done.
Provide daily updates on lab tickets to corresponding Team Lead.
Shipping & Receiving
Coordinate shipping of all equipment with appropriate team members
Track shipments to confirm delivery and receipt
Collaborate with internal teams to coordinate Lloyd community related shipping and receiving
Criteria for Success
- Interest/Course work in Computer Science (Major in Computer Science preferred)
- 0-1 years’ experience in the IT industry, including previous internship experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to be a Lloydian and develop lasting relationships in our community
- Client focus with an ability to maintain relationships and resolve client conflicts
- Detail oriented; follow established policies and procedures
- Proficient Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 10
- Microsoft Office
- Printer, Workstation, Server Hardware
- Anti-virus/Malware/Spyware Software
- Remote Desktop Technologies
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WAN, LAN, VOIP, WLAN
- Data Backup
- Mac experience preferred
- This is a part time, onsite (in Lloyd NYC office) internship position
- Estimated hours 20 – 29 per week
- Flexible schedule. Business hours are Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- This role may require travel to Lloyd community offices (including Lloyd offices and client offices), and Lloyd events where locations will vary
- Estimated Salary $18.00 - $20.00 per hour depending on experience
Join the Lloyd Community
We’re excited that you are interested in being part of the Lloyd story. Please join the Lloyd community online via Linkedin (/lloyd), Facebook (@Lloyd) and Twitter (@lloydgroup). Here you’ll find useful information about Lloyd, tech culture, industry news, and available opportunities to be a Lloydian. We update daily so stay tuned.
Similar distribution intern jobs in new york
- distribution intern jobs jobs near me
- it service desk jobs near me
- Distribution Intern at Business Insider
- SNY Remote Operations Internship - Spring 2023/ New York/ NY - Urgent Hiring at Nbcuniversal
- Spring 2023-Engineering Project Delivery Intern - 90345270 - New York at Amtrak
- Paid Intern - Digital Film Distribution at NEON
- 2023 Actuarial Summer Internship Program at New York Life Insurance Co
- Internship, New York Meetings, Spring 2023 at Council on Foreign Relations
- Production Intern at Code and Theory