RN Weekend House Supervisor
Sandstone Spring Valley is searching for an experienced Registered Nurse to be our Weekend House Supervisor. The RN House Supervisor performs professional supervisory nursing practice in the care of the physically ill. Work involves responsibility for supervising the provision of quality nursing care given at the facility. This position is responsible for maintaining the quality and adequacy of nursing practice; for coordinating nursing programs; for recognizing and assisting in solving professional, administrative, and supervisory problems. This position excercises considerable judgement in applying professional knowledge in solving nursing problems within established policies and practices.
Part Time, Saturday and Sunday, 7:00am to 7:30pm.
· Determines the optimal allocation of present staff, per shift and assignment on each unit is present.
· Coordinates the care of patients on assigned shift. Communicates shifts concerns by unit to appropriate staff (via e-mails, voice mail, etc.).
· Review of 24 Hour Report and review patients as indicated for change of condition
· Serves as administrative authority for the smooth function of all units. Notifies Director or Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing, Scheduler/Central Supply of urgent concerns during the shift. When the concern is non-urgent, notifies manager by phone message or e-mail.
· Receives employee, resident and family grievances. Refers information to appropriate manager.
· Assists nurses in completing risk assessments and investigations of injury.
· Notifies Assistant Director of Nursing, Director of Staff Development, and Director of Human Resources of identified learning needs.
· Receives employee call-offs. Records call-offs and updates schedule. Notifies managers/supervisors of call-offs in their units via voice mail. Replaces for absences and vacancies for upcoming shift(s). Assists staff to pick up hours (call-in phone, e-mail, vacancy lists, 72-hour availability list).
· Works with the Staffing Coordinator and Director of Nursing to assure that vacancies are filled in advance.
· Performs rounds to monitor the conditions and care of acutely ill patients
· Supervises staff and assures survey compliance on a daily basis. Provides guidance and support to staff to better plan work flow.
· Receives reports throughout the shift. Completes reports for “I” team members on each unit.
· Assists nurses in assessing residents who are experiencing acute changes.
· Provides clinical expertise in the management of medical and psychiatric emergencies.
· Responds to code blue, medical assist situations. Assists staff, as needed.
· Provides clinical expertise in medical management, crisis and behavior management techniques.
· Audits charts routinely. Provides clinical expertise in documentation, including MDS, Medicare PPS, acute illness charting, weekly summaries and care planning.
· Ensures timely notification of MD/Family Representatives where warranted.
· Obtains supplies from medical supply after hours.
· Restocks the crash cart immediately after use.
· Directs staff response to emergencies, such severe weather, fire or bomb scare. Participates in fire drills. Directs disaster evacuation plan, as needed.
· Meets routinely with the Director of Nursing and Assistant Director of Nursing.
- Active, Unencumbered Nevada Registered Nurse Credential.
- COVID Vaccination (Medical and Religious Excemptions are Evaluated on a Case by Case Basis.
- Active BLS Certification
- 2 Years Supervisory Experience in a Skilled Nursing Facility.
- 2 Years Experience as a Registered Nurse in a Skilled Nursing Facility
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.