Chief Inform Security Officer
security officer security information security management health ciso officer leadership enterprise senior education team
October 27, 2021
Employee Status: Regular
Hours Per Pay Period: 80
Shift Length: 8 hours
Weekend Coverage: Not Applicable
About Children’s Minnesota
Children’s Minnesota is the seventh largest pediatric health system in the United States and the only health system in Minnesota to provide care exclusively to children, from before birth through young adulthood. An independent and not-for-profit system since 1924, Children’s serves kids throughout the Upper Midwest at two free-standing hospitals, 12 primary and specialty care clinics and six rehabilitation sites. Additionally, Children’s is Minnesota's only Level I pediatric trauma center inside a hospital dedicated solely to children. In 2018 Children’s Minnesota was verified as a Level I Children’s Surgery Center by the American College of Surgeons. Children’s maintains its longstanding commitment to the community to improve children’s health by providing high-quality, family-centered pediatric services and advancing those efforts through research and education. This work is made possible in large part by generous philanthropic and volunteer support from individuals and organizations throughout the state and region. An award-winning health system, Children’s received Magnet® recognition from The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) in 2018 and is regularly ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a top children’s hospital. Please visit childrensMN.org.
The Chief Information Security Officer ("CISO") is responsible for providing vision and leadership to establish and maintain an enterprise-wide information security program and ensure that all proprietary and confidential information is adequately protected. Working with senior management and the security team, the CISO will be responsible to develop a system-wide information security strategy and vision. The CISO oversees the creation and maintenance of information security policies, leads security risk assessment efforts, and owns the health system awareness and training program. He or she also will advise and collaborate on development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, audit, and governmental compliance practices. The CISO also directs the planning and implementation of enterprise system, business operation, and defenses against security breaches and vulnerability issues. The CISO role reports to the Chief Legal Officer for Children's Minnesota.
- Certification as a Certified Information Security Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Chief Information Security Officer (CCISO), or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree in one these fields or Information Security preferred.
- Proven experience in planning, organizing, implementing information security and policies, practices, training, and system capabilities.
- Experience in planning and executing security policies and standards development.
- 10+ years experience managing and/or directing an IT and/or information security operations.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Risk management assessments and working with confidential information.
- Experience working with the board of directors and board committees.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in program leadership, policy development, and project management.
- Considerable knowledge of business processes, management, budgeting, and information security office operations.
- HIPAA and other governmental regulation requirements.
- Substantial exposure to information management, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems.
- Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability in identifying and solving information security gaps.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to security.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communications skills, plus the ability to achieve goals through influence, collaboration and cooperation.
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior staff and senior technical personnel.
- Knowledge of computer forensic investigation methodology and investigation tools to collect, analyze, and preserve electronic evidence.
- Integrity and high standards of personal and professional conduct.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Please click here to view the Physical Demands
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of an occupational health assessment, drug screen, background investigation, and compliance with the U.S. Government Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. Children’s Minnesota requires proof of COVID-19 vaccine, and as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), immunity to vaccine preventable infectious diseases, prior to employment.
Children’s Minnesota is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
Job Posting: Oct 27, 2021, 12:47:31 PM
Primary Location: USA-MN-Edina
Report this job
Similar chief officer jobs in edina mn
- chief officer jobs jobs near me
- security officer jobs near me
- Chief Deposit Officer at Tradition Capital Bank
- Chief Client Officer at Stoneridge Software
- Executive Assistant to the EVP, Chief Innovation Officer - Now Hiring at Sleep Number
- Security Officer - Retail - Full Time at Allied Universal
- Security Officer - Mall Security at GardaWorld
- Residential officer at Allied Universal
- Financial Services Officer I at SECU