Mid-Market Customer Success Manager
We’re growing quickly, and we’re looking for an experienced and customer-focused Mid-Market Customer Success Manager to join our team and make a big impact.
As a Mid-Market Customer Success Manager, you will be focused on ensuring that the mid-market segment of Muck Rack customers grow and renew. You should be excited about working in a fast-paced environment with a diverse range of agency and brand accounts including companies like duolingo, Daily Harvest, Bombas, The Motley Fool, and Mother Jones. You’ll be a great fit for this role if helping customers use Muck Rack to achieve their communications goals comes naturally to you.
You will work closely with our sales, customer support, onboarding, and product teams.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a primary contact for a portion of Muck Rack’s mid-market segment to retain and grow a book of business ranging from $1.5 - $1.7 million in annual contract value
- Achieve retention and account growth goals (for accounts with ARR ranging from $10,000 - $50,000)
- Demo Muck Rack at meetings, on phone calls and at events
- Identify Customer Success processes that need to be improved and present solutions
- Deliver 3 calls with customers per day to provide product expertise, share industry best practices and strategic recommendations, and lead account walkthroughs to highlight usage wins and opportunities
- Oversee the customer lifecycle from initial sale to renewal to ensure the customer is deriving value at every stage
- Manage customer feedback and deliver insights to internal stakeholders that will influence our product roadmap
- Ability to source new contacts as our original decision makers change within a company and communicate our value proposition
- Negotiate agreements to ensure long-lasting and growing relationships with our customers
- Immerse yourself in the public relations industry and build a strong network of communications professionals
How success will be measured in this role:
- Quarterly Net and Gross revenue retention goals
- Customer Health and Engagement
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- 1-3 years working in SaaS account management or in a blended CSM role, with a focus on upsells and renewals OR 2 - 5 years of client-facing experience in PR, marketing, or advertising (experience carrying a quota or managing a book of business in some capacity is key)
- Natural relationship builder who is personable, patient and dependable - you enjoy working with customers, and they enjoy working with you
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal - you’re equally comfortable drafting an email, jumping on the phone, and leading meetings/presenting to large groups
- Proactive in helping customers with long term planning - you’re a solutions-oriented problem solver who derives satisfaction from ensuring customer needs are met
- Familiar with the tools we use, including Dropbox, Google Apps, Hubspot (or Salesforce), and Slack, and you learn how to use new tools quickly
- Experience or strong interest in PR or journalism or an understanding of these industries is helpful
Below you'll find an outline of the interview plan for our Mid-Market CSM role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A 1 hour Zoom interview with the hiring manager
- Take-home assignment (2 hours max)
- Final interview with several team members
- References calls & a background check
The base salary for this role is $70,000, with $90,000 in OTE. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.