Senior System Administrator
Les Olson Company is one of the fastest-growing and most capable technology service providers in the West. We're looking for an experienced System Administrator to join our Managed IT team. Les Olson Company does IT the LOC Way: with talent, passion, and compassion, driving our continual growth and strong position in the market through superior service. If that sounds like the sort of team you'd like to join, read on!
What makes Les Olson different?
Unlike most technology companies, Les Olson has been in business for over 65 years. We're a family-owned company and remain family-operated to this day. The company began at the Olson family dinner table and has since grown to over 300 employees spread across nine locations in two states.
We take great pride not only in offering attentive and effective service to our customers, but in providing our team members with an environment that enables growth and development, both professionally and personally. We invest in our team, working with each employee to design a fulfilling career path that grows and evolves as they do.
"Work/life balance" isn't just a meaningless buzzword at Les Olson. We are protective of our employees' personal time and make sure they have the resources they need to care for themselves and their families.
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- 401k match + Pension
- Full Medical, Dental & Vision + HSA
- Mental health care coverage
- Life Insurance
- Local Volunteer Opportunities
Who We Are Looking For
- 5 or more years of broad-ranging IT work experience, ideally in System Administration
- Experience with a Managed Service Provider (MSP) is not required, but is a big plus
- Team-oriented, strong communicator
- Excellent customer-facing interaction
- Technical certifications in Windows Server environments
- Technical certification in VMware.
- Technical certification(s) in HP, Dell, EMC or other storage hardware
- Technical certifications in networking such as Cisco
- Knowledge of Unix system administration
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience with Windows Server and Active Directory.
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience configuring, maintaining and leveraging SAN and NAS hardware.
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience implementing, troubleshooting and tuning virtual servers.
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience implementing, troubleshooting and configuring VMware
- Experience in Microsoft O365 products cloud on hybrid migrations
- Experience with Project Management, application design and integration, and cloud computing (specifically Microsoft Azure)
- Expertise in creating, analyzing, and repairing large-scale distributed systems
- Strong working knowledge of switching and routing technologies
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft O365 and Azure
- Valid Driver's License
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
- Maintain internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates
- Support internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative
- Develop and demonstrate expertise in a variety of client industry concepts, practices, and procedures
- Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems that provide commercial advantage in a global marketplace
- Enable faster and smarter business processes and implement analytics for meaningful insights
- Nurture dependable IT infrastructure and networking that is always up and running
- Partner with internal and external partners to communicate project status, activities, and achievements
- Install and maintain network hardware and software
- Interact with the help desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups
Job Type: Full-Time, M-F 8am 5pm
Check out our website: www.lesolson.com
Job Posted by ApplicantPro