Part-Time Student-Accounting/Finance-East Moline IL-Partial Remote
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois - East Moline
Function: Accounting / Finance
Title: Part-Time Student-Accounting/Finance-East Moline IL-Partial Remote - 91853
Onsite/Remote: Partial Remote Position
This position is open to partial remote work with work onsite as needed during both the academic year and summer semester subject to the discretion of the Manager and business needs.
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Companys regular full-time staff and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule YEAR-ROUND.
- Prepares various daily, monthly, quarterly or annual financial/cost reports, statements or exhibits
- Supports internal control analysis and testing
- Gathers, reviews and analyzes financial information
What Skills You Need
- Ideally you will be pursuing a degree in Accounting or Finance; others may apply
- Must be registered as a full-time student at a local university
- Graduation date of May 2024 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Available to work 16-20 hours/week during the academic year
- Available to work 35-40 hours/week during the summer semester
- Must be able to commute to the work location in East Moline, Illinois, as needed year-round
What Makes You Stand Out
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong understanding of Excel and MS Office
- Good interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Professional experience and understanding of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Experience with Power BI or other data analytics tools
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Click Here ( to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.