This job posting is a short term posting for the 2021-2022 School Year
.5 Ernest Stapleton Elementary & .5 Shining Stars Preschool
192 Day Contract
- Master’s Degree in guidance and counseling from a regionally accredited college or university.
- New Mexico State licensure in school counseling.
To help students develop those skills in the areas of personal/social growth, academic planning, optional post secondary academic opportunities, and career development that will contribute to their growth as mature and responsible members of society.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate local school counseling and guidance plan in accordance with standards set forth by the State Plan and commensurate with the local system plan.
- Implement the school counseling and guidance program curriculum.
- Provides individual and group counseling and guidance through the development of personal, social, educational, and career plans.
- Consults and collaborates with parents/guardians teachers and staff about understanding and meeting the special needs of students and makes appropriate referrals.
- Participates in activities that contribute to the effective operation of the school.
- At the secondary level: academic consulting/scheduling/changing schedules to fit needs/Next Step Plans
- Provides orientation for new students, parents/guardians, and faculty.
- Provides appropriate appraisal services to assist teachers, parents/guardians, and students.
- Administers tests and analyzes and interprets test results to provide information about educational, career, and personal/social needs.
- Assists with placement and follow-up services for students.
- Assists students in selecting programs to study to enhance career planning.
- Provides information and resource services for student, parent/guardians, and faculty.
- Assists students in building self-esteem and developing decision-making, problem-solving, and positive human relations skills.
- Plans with teachers, principal, parents/guardians, and students steps for modifying student behavior.
- Utilizes community resources in addressing the needs of students.
- Provides data concerning students= needs to determine curricula development.
- Prepares and manages annual site budget pertinent to the counseling and guidance program if applicable.
- Maintains comprehensive records and reports.
- Develops personal professional growth plan and demonstrates professional ethics and leadership.
- Exhibits positive human relations skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency in written and oral communication.
- Complies with local, state, and federal policies, and regulations, and laws affecting area of responsibility as well as the American School Counselor Association Code of Ethics.
- Assists with preparation of students to post secondary options.
- Helps with high school graduation responsibilities (if applicable as per job assignment).
- For those students pursuing post-secondary educational opportunities provides college-ready experiences and activities.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the competencies required by the NMPED for school counselor licensure and the ability to meet those competencies.
- Complies with the ethical and professional guidelines promulgated by any board governing employee’s licensure.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Work hours are established in employment contract. Additional work hours may be assigned by the School Principal within the parameters of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement.
The following documents must be attached to complete this application:
- Copy of Professional License
- Copy of transcript from each crediting college or university
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Review Salary Information Here