Public Health Representative I
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Provides HIV and STI testing through blood extraction, phlebotomy, and urine collection.
- Ensures that HIV counseling, testing and referral is provided in accordance with the standards of the Division of HIV and AIDS (DHAS)/NJ Department of Health and Senior Services (NJDHSS).
- Ensures that blood and other specimens collected adhere to the standards of the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services.
- Ensures that blood and other specimens collected are transported to the NJ Department of Health/Courier pick up site.
- Assists in the coordination of activities related to HIV services at health fairs, colleges/universities and other community sponsored event information and testing sites.
- Lead of at least two COOL events per year.
Rutgers offers a comprehensive benefit program to eligible employees. For details, please go to http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview.
Rutgers also offers a benefit program to eligible full-time postdoctoral fellow students. For details, please go to https://finance.rutgers.edu/healthcare-risk/insurance/postdoctoral-health-insurance.
- Bachelor s Degree in Public Health, Nursing or related field plus three (3) years of experience in a public health of which two (2) years should be in performing HIV counseling, testing and referral or in a related testing/prevention outreach service.
- Prior completion of the NJDHSS HIV Prevention Counseling Course Series.
- Equivalent experience, education and/or training may be substituted for the education requirements.
- Phlebotomist certification.
- Valid driver s license
- Thorough working knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Basic computer skills needed for Microsoft applications.
- Must have completed or be eligible to successfully complete the Rutgers Defensive Driving Training Course.
- Prior experience on a mobile unit environment.
- Must be able to lift or exert force up to ten (10) pounds.
- Must be able/willing to learn to drive mobile unit.