Director, Nursing Finance (Newark Beth Israel Medical Center)
Summary of Job Function:
The Director of Nursing Finance will be responsible to set and implement standards across the Medical Center for Patient Care Service planning, monitoring, and controlling of the financial budget. Helps to determine appropriate staffing levels based on operations, acuity, and skill mix in collaboration with the Assistant Vice President of Financial Analytics, Senior Director of Productivity, and site Senior Leadership. Key contact and administrator of agency requests, correspondence, justification, and billing requests. Creates and maintains staffing guides for all departments assigned. Assists with reductions in the core deficit as it relates to assigned departments. Provides direction and promotes efficiency and effectiveness by identifying, analyzing, reporting, and making recommendations for trends and/or specific projects. Provides tools and/or processes to attain and maintain fiscal standards. Ensures appropriate staffing by acuity, skill, and mix. Meets regularly with clinical leaders to review financial expectations included but not limited to, understanding budget, staffing, and productivity variances.
- Experience in management, hospital administration, and clinical operations
- Experience using Microsoft Excel
- Experience preparing budgets and staffing guides
- Master s Degree Preferred
- Manage productivity within acceptable ranges.
- Prepare standard reporting packages with key metrics to the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Oversee and manage the Nursing Staff Office personnel and operations (if applicable).
- Manages position control to accurately reflect budgeted and actual staffing, auditing and adjusting regularly.
- Leads and manages special projects as assigned.
- Manage and oversee agency requests and utilization.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Similar of financial services jobs in newark nj
- of financial services jobs jobs near me
- nursing jobs near me
- Financial Analyst at Integrity House
- Project Management Director Financial Services Sector at CBRE
- Financial Advisor at World Financial Group
- Chief Financial Officer at BRICK Academy
- Associate Manager, Planning & Analysis at Prudential
- Financial Consultant at Popular Inc
- Internal Wholesaler- Investments/Mutual Funds ( Newark, NJ / Hybrid) at PGIM Investments