Financial Analyst (Entry Level)
Location: 100% Remote (NY State preferred)
Length: 6-Month contract-to-hire
Our client is a Major University that is looking to hire a Financial Analyst. The primary responsibilities will be to keep up with the Project Manager’s budgeting/projects. This role is a great opportunity for someone recently graduated looking to gain some valuable skills and work within Higher Education.
Top Skills' Details:
1. Financial Analysis (1 yr.) - Candidate should have about a year of working professionally in a financial analyst role. Experience working with PMs on capital projects, creating change orders, creating receipts for invoices, matching against POs, etc would be helpful.
2. Excel (1 yr.) - Candidate should understand Excel. They should know how to do charts, pivot tables and basic equations.
3. Communication - Candidate should have strong written and verbal communication. They should also be very proactive in their role. Candidate should also be a problem solver.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Procurement/Purchase Orders
· Enter purchase orders on behalf of Project Managers for capital projects.
· Create change orders.
· Work with Project Managers to create receipts for invoices that have been matched against the PO.
· Work with Assistant Director of Finance & Operations to resolve purchase order issues.
· Create 312 requisitions for interdepartmental purchase order charges to PPM capital projects or PPM operating account.
2) Closeouts of Historic Projects
· Review historic projects for financial accuracy.
· Analyze historic project funding and budgets to match against project expenses.
· Work with PPM's, University Finance Teams to resolve financial issues on historic projects.
· Manage Closeout Form process and ensure project closeouts are approved by all stakeholders and inactive in Workday.
3) Work with Accounts Payable and Procurement to reconcile financial conflicts between PPM capital projects and Suppliers.
4) Assign a project number to new projects and apply project templates.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.